We’re excited to announce that our new Local Meeting Finder is ready to go live, and we want you to see it first.
Some of you may have already seen it in fact, as it began as a volunteer-led site called SMARTfinder. We saw it ourselves, heard about how much people preferred using it, and so we have worked with the developer to make it our official Local Meeting finder.
You can try it now directly at https://meetings.smartrecovery.org. We will be updating our SMART Recovery homepage “Find a Local Meeting” links to point to it soon, but we wanted Facilitators to become familiar with it first so you’re not surprised by any questions or comments made by participants in your meetings.
A few things to know and try (on both desktop and mobile):
- It starts with a location search like the current finder. It defaults to searching meetings (both In-Person and Online) within 100 miles of that location.
- A key difference: search results are sorted BY TIME, starting with the current and next upcoming meetings near that location at the top of the list. This is a huge benefit for those searching for meetings that fit their schedule and those that need a meeting urgently.
- Meeting start times are automatically shown in your local time zone
- Check out the Filters! Click that orange button and narrow your search results by:
- Day of Week (only have free time on Mondays for a meeting?)
- Online vs In-Person
- Distance (between 10 and 250 miles from the location searched)
- Tags (looking specifically for Family & Friends? Or an LGBTQ meeting?)
- Click on any meeting to get details and helpful actions including:
- Add to Calendar
- Join on Zoom (for online meetings)
We want to hear your feedback! Please use the Contact Us page right in SMARTfinder or click to it directly with this link: https://meetings.smartrecovery.org/meetings/feedback/