Confidence, combined with skills, is key. That’s why connecting with a SMART Recovery facilitator mentor is such a great idea when you want to learn and grow. Becoming a SMART Recovery mentee means connecting with an experienced facilitator who is willing and able to share what they have done and the skills they have developed as a result. A positive attitude, motivation to learn, and willingness to commit to staying in touch with your SMART Recovery facilitator mentor are the basics of being a mentee. Just some of the benefits include greater self-awareness, improved communication ability, and exposure to new and different perspectives. Not to mention increased confidence and facilitation skills.
If you are interested in working with a SMART Recovery facilitator mentor as you prepare for, work through, or after you complete your facilitator training, please fill out this short questionnaire to help us find a match. If you currently have a SMART Recovery facilitator that is mentoring you, please indicate that on the form.
- Current enrolment or completion of SMART Recovery training
- Meet with SMART Recovery facilitator mentor by phone, virtual meeting or in person a minimum of 1 time each month.
- Allow SMART Recovery facilitator mentor (or SMART Representative) to access their SMART Recovery meeting.
- Inform mentoring team if they are unable to continue mentoring by emailing [email protected].
- Work with SMART Recovery facilitator mentor to develop a backup plan for cofacilitators/alternate facilitators, transition/replacement planning.
- Submit feedback form monthly
- Complete final survey when mentor/mentee relationship ends.