Welcome SMART Recovery Volunteers!
This page includes resources and reference materials that you may find helpful for conducting your meeting. If you have additional materials that you use that you think would help other facilitators, please visit our Submit New Materials page for information on how to submit them to the Materials Review Committee for review, potential widespread distribution and inclusion on this page.
- Meeting Opening and Closing
- Face-to-Face Meeting Opening
- Recommended Meeting Outline
- Ground Rules for Meetings
- Passing the Hat: Raising Standards
- Meeting Script Guidelines
- Meeting Verification Form (fillable and printable)
- Volunteer Code of Conduct
- Facilitating Made Simple
- An Overview of Peer Helping
- Matching Tools to the Stages of Change
- REBT ABC Emotional Disturbances
- One-Minute ABC For Meeting Facilitators
- Avoiding Facilitator Traps
- The Dreaded Deadzone
- Facilitator Best Practices for Addressing Mental Health Disorders and Suicide in SMART Recovery® Meetings
- SMART Recovery Dictionary
- SMART Recovery Policy on Facilitator Slips and Relapses
- Clearing Web Browser Cache – Manual
Archive of SMART Articles, Essays, and Additional Resources
To access the resources previously found in the SMART Recovery Toolbox, please click on the topic below to download the zip file. Once downloaded to your computer, you can share the individual resources with participants.
- Additional Articles and Essays
- Additional Homework
- Encyclopedia of Rational Coping Statements and Disputations
- Most Popular
- SMART Recovery Activities Scale (SRAS)
- Stages of Change
- Rational Thinking
- Relapse Prevention
Questions? Please use the form below to contact us.